Bonjourno! Today
we visited Greve, Chianti and San Gimignano. I have to say, even a rainy day in
Tuscany is gorgeous. We visited the local market in Greve, Chianti, which I
would compare to a flea market. They sold everything from underwear to wine
bottle openers. I bought some delicious fresh fruit, including strawberries,
peaches, and also got a great price on some walnuts!
 |
| Weekly Market in Greve |
 |
| Weekly Market in Greve |
 |
| Weekly Market in Greve |
We had yet
another delicious meal at the market. Gigi ordered gnocchi with pesto and a
caprese salad. Katie and I ordered Tuscan vegetable soup, and our new friend
from Florida ordered spaghetti carbonara. We all split a side of fries…because
even in Italy we cannot avoid delicious fried food. Gigi indulged in the
chianti…because when in Chianti, why not?
Speaking of wine, there was also a beautiful wine tasting shop in the
town. In order to taste the wines, we needed to put money on a “debit” card and
swipe for each taste. The wines ranged from .60 euro a taste to 2,00 euro a
taste. Neither Katie nor I tried the wines because we were busy shopping for
fruit, but Gigi did and fell in love with a chianti and a brunello (which
unfortunately broke on the hill at Casa Cares…wah wah. RIP yummy wine).
 |
| Group Snapshot in the Wine Tasting Room in the Chianti Region |
 |
| Cara, Katie, & Dr. Michel in the Chianti Region |
After Greve, we
all went back onto the bus and traveled to San Gimignano. San Gimignano had a
grocery store that resembled Jewel-Osco, so we were finally able to stock up on
shampoo and conditioner! That may not sound exciting, but believe us, it was!
Katie was able to find a small wedding gift for her brother and his fiancée.
No comments:
Post a Comment